Monday, December 17, 2007

Seven Strange Things

I've been tagged by Sara to reveal seven facts or strange things about me. The sad thing is that I am supposed to tag seven people to do this same exercise, but the few people I know who have blogs have already been tagged. So, I tag seven random people, somewhere in the universe.

1. I used to make fun of dog people and I never thought pugs were cute until Telemachus.

2. One of my biggest fears is the witch from “The Wizard of Oz.” I watched the movie once when I was three or four and that was it for me. For months my mother had to take a broom and sweep underneath my bed and say, “Okay, all you witches, get out!”

3. The song “Born to Run” rips me up. When Springsteen says, “Together Wendy we can live with the sadness, I’ll love you with all the madness in my soul,” the hair on my arms sticks up. It is definitely one of the top five love songs ever written.

4. At the apartment where I grew up, I never ever ever touched the sixth step down (fifth step up). I hate the number six.

5. I make up nicknames and secret lives about all of my neighbors.

6. Once (only once), in honors English 10, I put a chain through my nose and pulled it out from my throat. Unfortunately, this is what several people from my high school remember about me.

7. Every time I go to Ireland I end up kissing the Blarney Stone even though it is the most touristy, American thing to do. And I know the locals pee on it at night, but I get caught up in the moment and can’t resist puckering up to the germ soaked slab.

4 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Hi Jennifer -- I'm a long time reader (well, a few weeks), but this is the first time I have commented. I love number 6. Believe me, the "sins" of the past always come back to haunt us! :)

Frank (the Colt) said...

you really pulled a chain through your nose and out your mouth. that's cool.

Jennifer Sullivan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Sullivan said...

Thanks for reading, Karen:)

And no, Frank. It was never cool. Okay...maybe it was a little punk rock at the time.