Saturday, January 5, 2008

I had an interesting dream last night...


...as part of a class requirement, I had to go to a poetry reading in Pittsburgh. When I got there, Terrance Hayes was reading.

I got out Hip Logic today. The last poem in the book is one of my favorite poems in the entire world. It is called The Same City. I also really love the poem of his that was included in last year's Best American Poetry. I can't remember for sure, but I think that poem is called Talk. In a class I am taking this spring, we will be reading Hayes' book Wind In A Box. Maybe that's what triggered my dream.

You can hear Hayes read The Same City at : poetsonline.blogspot.com/2007/10/terrance-hayes-two-poems-in-same-city.html

2 comments:

mydisguises said...

hi, jen. i bet that was a great reading. where was it? wish i'd been there.

Jennifer Sullivan said...

It was just a dream, unfortunately. :(